Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

Time to come back to the game boys and girls

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 603 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EBAY]

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostGrav, on 02 June 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Feel a bit torn on this.  On one hand, it's like Anet are trying to incentivise players to put up with the existing game issues rather than fixing the actual game issues themselves, which is so typical of Anet these days.

But on the other hand, if it brings enough people back, and brings enough of those people back on TS, then maybe I might start giving a shit about WvW again too.

I think they're perceiving the problem of people not caring about WvW as a separate problem to the underlying game-mode problems.  They might not see the cause-and-effect.

To be fair, though, the symptom is sometimes more pressing than the cause.  If they eventually "fix" the balance problems, but everyone is long gone, it wouldn't do much good.  If they can find a way to keep people interested in WvW while they work out the other stuff, I'd be pretty happy.  Assuming they do eventually work out the real problems.

(Commander) Fair Winds [EBAY]

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

#22 Fritanga

Fritanga

• Established Members
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN
  • Guild Tag:[GH]

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

View Postthetoothpick, on 02 June 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

Everything else I mentioned in my post is secondary to being able to spawn in a map with access to team chat.  Merchants and a trading post / bank, for example, would mostly just be nice to have, and would give it parity with the PvP lobby.

PvP players get their own lobby.  In fact, they're even getting a new lobby.  What's anti-social about wanting to spawn in the game mode you play, among others who play that game mode?  Are people in the PvP lobby being anti-social by spawning there?

What you are asking for is a sort of hall where people can gather and chat in some form of a guild-esque system! like a GUILD HALL.

In PvP, they don't use the same equipment/gear sets as the rest of the game. they would need materials that are related to that game mode. Also, the PvP lobby is essential so they could make a modular client for tournaments (the versions of the game used for tournaments on-site do not have the full version of the game, just the PvP lobby/maps). This is not true for WvW as it was designed to play alongside the full core PvE game.

If chatting in a channel is THAT important, then why not just go into WvW? In every map there is always people afk at spawn. The reward track for gift of battle has pretty much guaranteed that there will be others afking there instead of actually playing. Team chat is meant for callouts, map chat is meant for callouts as well. If you are not in the maps, there is not really any reason to even use those channels. Why bother having a special channel then? Likewise, if you join a guild then you can always chat with people and be sociable through there.

Basically, the gist of what I am saying is that all the things you are demanding that the devs waste their time on can be gotten in game currently via  a guild.
Fritanga Magee - Guardian
Picadillo Cromwell - Revenant
Mofongo Jones - Engineer
Platano Ferguson - Elementalist
Tostones Henderson - Warrior
Ropavieja Smith - Thief
Yuccafrita Johnson - Necromancer
Pan Con Bistec Lee- Ranger
Mayonesa Mayers- Mesmer

#23 Fritanga

Fritanga

• Established Members
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

multi-post kappa
Fritanga Magee - Guardian
Picadillo Cromwell - Revenant
Mofongo Jones - Engineer
Platano Ferguson - Elementalist
Tostones Henderson - Warrior
Ropavieja Smith - Thief
Yuccafrita Johnson - Necromancer
Pan Con Bistec Lee- Ranger
Mayonesa Mayers- Mesmer

#24 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 603 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostFritanga, on 02 June 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

What you are asking for is a sort of hall where people can gather and chat in some form of a guild-esque system! like a GUILD HALL.

No, it's really not.  I'm not sure how you play, but WvW generally has people on the same server, but in different guilds.  A guild hall is easily accessible to one guild.  A WvW lobby would be accessible to the whole server.

What I'm asking for is a place dedicated to WvW where people can gather with people on the same server, to use as a base - like PvP has.

Honestly, the lack of a WvW spawn-point means that ArenaNet doesn't consider it to be an equal game mode to PvP and PvE, and doesn't recognize that people exclusively play that game mode (something they've explicitly said in the past).

If chatting in a channel is THAT important, then why not just go into WvW? In every map there is always people afk at spawn. The reward track for gift of battle has pretty much guaranteed that there will be others afking there instead of actually playing. Team chat is meant for callouts, map chat is meant for callouts as well. If you are not in the maps, there is not really any reason to even use those channels. Why bother having a special channel then? Likewise, if you join a guild then you can always chat with people and be sociable through there.

I do.  Often.  Most of my time, in fact, is spent in WvW.  I know exactly what map and team chat are used for.  I would love to see WvW team chat outside of the WvW maps, and I would find it very useful.

Basically, the gist of what I am saying is that all the things you are demanding that the devs waste their time on can be gotten in game currently via  a guild.

First off, I'm not demanding anything.  I'm saying I would like and appreciate something.  I'm suggesting.  A guild hall is nothing like what I'm asking for (well, it does also occupy space).  A guild hall is meant for use by one guild, which is not the same as a WvW server.  And you can't spawn there either.

I'm asking for a shared location, common to an entire WvW server, where players can spawn.  I don't really care how they implement it, but having certain features would obviously make it more useful than not having them.

It's really not that much to ask for, seeing as they just spent a bunch of time building a brand new map to replace something they already had.  I also don't see why my suggestion seems to be personally offending you.

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

#25 UltraEM

UltraEM

Chōdenji Machine

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

Honestly I think I completely forgot how to GW2. Whenever I go on, I just play the lute for an hour then stop. I might need someone to hold my hand if I come back to WvW

(oh and I'm done with college for now so yay free time!)

[EBAY] - [oG]

Posted ImageDiegovich Posted ImageElectromagnetic Pop Posted ImageScipio Sagittarius Posted ImageDeimos Ultrablade Posted ImageForest Knight Ultra
Posted ImageMina Mitsu Posted ImageLucia Della Rosa Posted ImageMara Blackroot Posted ImageScarlet Ultra Posted ImageTyphoon Ultra

#26 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostUltraEM, on 04 June 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

Honestly I think I completely forgot how to GW2. Whenever I go on, I just play the lute for an hour then stop. I might need someone to hold my hand if I come back to WvW

Come hit EBAY up, we love holding hands.

View PostUltraEM, on 04 June 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

(oh and I'm done with college for now so yay free time!)

Congrats!  Welcome to the real world!

Posted Image

#27 UltraEM

UltraEM

Chōdenji Machine

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

View Postthetoothpick, on 04 June 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Come hit EBAY up, we love holding hands.

Congrats!  Welcome to the real world!

Shoot me an invite! I still have some stuff to do on weekdays this month but after that I'll be free almost everyday :)

[EBAY] - [oG]

Posted ImageDiegovich Posted ImageElectromagnetic Pop Posted ImageScipio Sagittarius Posted ImageDeimos Ultrablade Posted ImageForest Knight Ultra
Posted ImageMina Mitsu Posted ImageLucia Della Rosa Posted ImageMara Blackroot Posted ImageScarlet Ultra Posted ImageTyphoon Ultra

#28 Spellslinger Leah

Spellslinger Leah

• Established Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostGrav, on 02 June 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Feel a bit torn on this.  On one hand, it's like Anet are trying to incentivise players to put up with the existing game issues rather than fixing the actual game issues themselves, which is so typical of Anet these days.

But on the other hand, if it brings enough people back, and brings enough of those people back on TS, then maybe I might start giving a shit about WvW again too.

Except for Desert BL of course.

lol I don't care for the desert bl myself.
Guild Master - GrindHouse Gaming [GH]

#29 Spellslinger Leah

Spellslinger Leah

• Established Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

View Postthetoothpick, on 01 June 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Side note: you should totally be able to spawn in your Guild Hall too.

Yes, it would be nice.
Guild Master - GrindHouse Gaming [GH]

#30 Plainsman

Plainsman

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 125 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PUNK]

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

I can see one viable reason i would love a WvW spawn point. I play almost exclusively wvw, and my gear and traits are specifically setup for such. Recently I have been making changes to my gear, and it has been annoying as hell to have guess as to my setup outside of the wvw bl. If I want to see my setup, I have to pop into a bl and occupy a slot, even if im sitting at a merchant or my bank. and then I have to log out of bl and go to LA to craft, its just frustrating and time consuming. Let there be a place where I can get all my needs in one place while I am waiting on the q. (which has been terricle lately.)

BTW, good to see all the old folks back this week..
Shamelss plug, I have been mostly paying consistently for all these years, and still very much active in WvW. I have become a regular Commander for [PUGS] guild, and we are looking to bolster our ranks. All are welcome. We enjoy fights, and try to do what is best for the server at any given time.

Hit me up in game if ya would like an invite.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users