Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

Time to come back to the game boys and girls

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SIGH]

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

https://www.reddit.c...bottom-comments

#2 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

If you love testing your mettle against your fellow players, June is your month to shine! In the coming weeks, we’ll be releasing updates to structured Player vs. Player and World vs. World, >along with the start of PvP League Season 7.

World vs. World—June 6

Updates to World vs. World will include improved LFG, new rewards, and skirmishing updates! We’re making sure skirmishing in WvW is fun and rewarding with an updated UI and new >rewards. Keep an eye on the blog and release highlights in the next few days for more information.

PvP League Season 7—June 13

PvP League returns on June 13. Sharpen your blades, and get ready to rock!

PvP—June 20

Automated tournaments are the future of competitive PvP in Guild Wars 2, and will let you compete in three daily tournaments for a chance to qualify for a monthly tournament and earn >prestigious rewards! Structured PvP will also be updated with a custom arena map for 2v2 battles and a new and improved PvP lobby to hang out in.

#3 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 611 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EBAY]

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

So PvP gets a new lobby, but WvW still doesn't get one?

They already have on built from the Desert BL stress tests, might as well let us use that...

(Commander) Fair Winds [EBAY]

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

#4 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

https://www.reddit.c...ng_and_rewards/

#5 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

https://d3b4yo2b5lbf...sor-590x332.jpg

Hello, Tyrians. I’m excited to reveal the big WvW rewards changes the team has been working on since it was voted for in the last priority poll. We wanted to create a system that encourages caring about WvW skirmishes and adds prestigious rewards for WvW players.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbf...hUI-590x332.jpg

Skirmish Rewards

The first major change is skirmish rewards. The Match Overview tab under the WvW UI has been reworked to include a new Skirmish reward track, similar to the PvP Leagues track. This track is progressed by earning pips, just like in structured PvP, and will grant rewards when tiers and divisions are crossed. However, this track will reset weekly. Pips are earned every tick and are awarded based on the following criteria:

• Your world’s position during the skirmish (first, second, or third).

• Your WvW rank.

• Whether you’re commanding a squad with at least five people in it.

• Whether you’re fighting while outnumbered.

• If you’ve been playing on the same world for at least three weeks.

In addition, to discourage transferring for rewards, you can only earn pips if you have not transferred recently and if you have earned WvW participation.

The Skirmish reward track awards WvW-specific items such as improvements, tactics, siege, tricks, and traps, as well as other rewards. It also grants Tournament Tickets—now called Skirmish Claim Tickets—which will allow you to purchase both exotic and ascended Tier 2 WvW weapons, armor, and more from the Skirmish Supervisor vendor.

Match History

We also wanted to improve how WvW info is displayed in-game, so we have added a new tab along the top of the Match Overview UI, called Match History. The Match History tab will display the war score, victory points, and kill/death statistics throughout the match, making it easier to track how well your world is doing.

Improved LFG

Commanders and parties are an integral part of WvW, and we want to make it easier to find other players to play with. Now, when you enter WvW, the squad/party UI along the side will display three squads and three parties for you to join that are currently listed in World vs. World Squad Play or Party Play. This new feature, along with the new incentive to command because of Skirmish rewards, should bring in more commanders that can teach others the ins and outs of WvW.

Tier 3 Armor

In addition to Tier 2 armor, you’ll be able to earn Tier 3 Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor in this release. Tier 3 armor is the ultimate prestigious WvW armor, and it will require you to have earned both Tier 1 and Tier 2 to acquire. Each piece requires a very high WvW rank to purchase. However, unlike Tier 2, this ascended armor will not require any crafting to earn.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbf...ece-590x332.jpg

Warbringer

With all of these new WvW rewards, now is a good time to introduce everyone to Warbringer, the WvW legendary backpack! The backpack is siege themed and emits flames when entering combat. With this release, WvW players at rank 50 can purchase the first tier of the backpack using Skirmish Claim Tickets. And of course, as with all legendary backpacks, Warbringer has an awesome glider to go along with it.

Good luck earning all the shinies, and see you on the battlefield!

#6 Spellslinger Leah

Spellslinger Leah

• Established Members
  • 646 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

What would be the point of a lobby? I just don't see the use of one. Instead of a lobby just use your guild hall.

A lot of people I know will be returning due to the update.
Guild Master - GrindHouse Gaming [GH]

#7 Cora

Cora

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 168 posts
  • LocationYour Ass

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

I think home instances should have lobbies

#8 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

View PostSpellslinger Leah, on 01 June 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

What would be the point of a lobby? I just don't see the use of one. Instead of a lobby just use your guild hall.

Being able to spawn there.

A WvW lobby should have easy access to WvW merchants and map gates, and should let you still earn participation rewards (so you could chill before you log out without potentially taking up queue spots).  Team chat should also work across the "real" WvW maps.

Basically, it'd be a part of WvW without being on one of the maps, so you could let people spawn there.

Unfortunately, it would only cater to a segment that ArenaNet doesn't normally cater to - people who play WvW exclusively.  Which means it probably won't happen.

Side note: you should totally be able to spawn in your Guild Hall too.

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

#9 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:08 PM

Also, they totally already have a WvW lobby from the Desert Borderlands Stress Test.  They should just dust that off.

Posted Image

#10 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostMaksyn, on 01 June 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

Pips are earned every tick and are awarded based on the following criteria:
  • Your world’s position during the skirmish (first, second, or third).
  • Your WvW rank.
  • Whether you’re commanding a squad with at least five people in it.
  • Whether you’re fighting while outnumbered.
  • If you’ve been playing on the same world for at least three weeks.

I'm pretty curious to see the multipliers on these.

Posted Image

#11 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

I think this is a massive, massive update for WvW and PvP. I'm excited.

#12 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

I hope to see a lot of you guys in there!

#13 Fritanga

Fritanga

• Established Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

I think a lobby is the dumbest idea I have heard since deployable cannons.
Fritanga Magee - Guardian
Picadillo Cromwell - Revenant
Mofongo Jones - Engineer
Platano Ferguson - Elementalist
Tostones Henderson - Warrior
Ropavieja Smith - Thief
Yuccafrita Johnson - Necromancer
Pan Con Bistec Lee- Ranger
Mayonesa Mayers- Mesmer

#14 Fritanga

Fritanga

• Established Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

also deployable cannons are dumb
Mofongo Jones - Engineer
Ropavieja Smith - Thief
Mayonesa Mayers- Mesmer

#15 Fritanga

Fritanga

• Established Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

and one sentence posts
Mofongo Jones - Engineer
Ropavieja Smith - Thief
Mayonesa Mayers- Mesmer

#16 Fritanga

Fritanga

• Established Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

okay, that last one was a fragment. I apologize.
Mofongo Jones - Engineer
Ropavieja Smith - Thief
Mayonesa Mayers- Mesmer

#17 Fritanga

Fritanga

• Established Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:28 PM

I created a quick merchant guide. Once you get the provisioner up, there is practically no need for the merchants at spawn or anywhere else in WvW. Cheaper Cultural Armor and the Armor/Weapon Merchants are literally the only things you would need in WvW that you cannot get elsewhere. All of them are comparable in other parts of the game and can be achieved relatively quickly. So what merchants do you actually need in a WvW Lobby?

Posted Image

I also fail to see why the Asura Gates are even needed/used. Quite frankly, I have never even used the Desert BL gates. When traveling between maps, I use the waypoints on those maps because it is far quicker. When entering WvW, I use the WvW menu. The only real exception is that it would be nice to have a portal from your guild hall to WvW just to add more functionality to an under-utilized guildhall upgrade.

The lobby used during the Stress Test for the Desert BL was a hastily thrown together SMC. They spaced merchants who served as a means for players to gear out to 80 for proper testing. This is not needed in the live game environment. Likewise, it was a laggy mess for all involved. Many would DC or just not move until the map opened because of the hot mess it was. I, for one, would prefer they not dedicate the resources to something so unnecessary and pointless and instead focus on reducing skill lag and balancing population issues.

Short of that, ArenaNet wants people to play their game. They would like for players to mingle with those in other game types. If you are choosing to be anti-social, then maybe an MMO isn't for you?
Mofongo Jones - Engineer
Ropavieja Smith - Thief
Mayonesa Mayers- Mesmer

#18 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostFritanga, on 01 June 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

I created a quick merchant guide. Once you get the provisioner up, there is practically no need for the merchants at spawn or anywhere else in WvW. Cheaper Cultural Armor and the Armor/Weapon Merchants are literally the only things you would need in WvW that you cannot get elsewhere. All of them are comparable in other parts of the game and can be achieved relatively quickly. So what merchants do you actually need in a WvW Lobby?

Posted Image

I also fail to see why the Asura Gates are even needed/used. Quite frankly, I have never even used the Desert BL gates. When traveling between maps, I use the waypoints on those maps because it is far quicker. When entering WvW, I use the WvW menu. The only real exception is that it would be nice to have a portal from your guild hall to WvW just to add more functionality to an under-utilized guildhall upgrade.

The lobby used during the Stress Test for the Desert BL was a hastily thrown together SMC. They spaced merchants who served as a means for players to gear out to 80 for proper testing. This is not needed in the live game environment. Likewise, it was a laggy mess for all involved. Many would DC or just not move until the map opened because of the hot mess it was. I, for one, would prefer they not dedicate the resources to something so unnecessary and pointless and instead focus on reducing skill lag and balancing population issues.

Short of that, ArenaNet wants people to play their game. They would like for players to mingle with those in other game types. If you are choosing to be anti-social, then maybe an MMO isn't for you?

Damn dude, take it down a notch. lol

#19 Grav

Grav

• Established Members
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

Feel a bit torn on this.  On one hand, it's like Anet are trying to incentivise players to put up with the existing game issues rather than fixing the actual game issues themselves, which is so typical of Anet these days.

But on the other hand, if it brings enough people back, and brings enough of those people back on TS, then maybe I might start giving a shit about WvW again too.

Except for Desert BL of course.

#20 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostFritanga, on 01 June 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

I think a lobby is the dumbest idea I have heard since deployable cannons.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything else I mentioned in my post is secondary to being able to spawn in a map with access to team chat.  Merchants and a trading post / bank, for example, would mostly just be nice to have, and would give it parity with the PvP lobby.

PvP players get their own lobby.  In fact, they're even getting a new lobby.  What's anti-social about wanting to spawn in the game mode you play, among others who play that game mode?  Are people in the PvP lobby being anti-social by spawning there?

Also, dude, did I kick your cat or something?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users