Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

Who's still actively playing?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SIGH]

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

See title!

If not, what games ARE you playing currently and do you plan to return to GW2?

#2 Silvernis

Silvernis

• Established Members
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
  • Guild Tag:[EVIL]

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

I'm still around, although I've been spending more time with other games lately. I'll always love GW2, but I have to admit it's getting a bit stale after 4+ years.

Posted Image Kezzä | Posted Image Iisra | Posted Image Vlíkka | Posted Image Meeku | Posted Image Meenä | Posted Image Nidiki | Posted Image Nevví | Posted Image Pokkí | Posted Image Ñixx

#3 RizeJodo

RizeJodo

• Moderators
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

I play about 1 time a week. Been playing a lot of Starcraft 2 recently which was my original obsession. Mostly been busy at work so gaming has been restricted to my weekends or Wednesday which is my day off.

Rize Huk (Guardian), Grim Thor (Ranger), Tias Gaut (Elemantalist), Nani Rize (Warrior),

Rize Morrow (Necromancer), Tiewaz Rize (Mesmer)

#1 Worst Guardian Silver League NA

#4 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 612 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EBAY]

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

I'm still around.  I play 3-4 times a week now, often with IRL friends, with the rest of my time spent in WvW.

Work has been sorta busy, so when I get back I'm just not always in the mood for Guild Wars anymore, unfortunately.  Also, I don't stay up as late as I did in school, so the people I used to play WvW with aren't on much when I play.  The people in my timezone range also don't play as much anymore, so I'm stuck running around by myself more than I'd like to.

At this point, I'm waiting for ArenaNet to do something that makes people care about WvW again.  Until then, I'm definitely not going to put as much effort into something few people are taking seriously.

(Commander) Fair Winds [EBAY]

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

#5 Maksyn

Maksyn

• Established Members
  • 418 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SIGH]

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

I miss the good ol' days in all honesty. Especially since I've been parked in WvW more. The CoT/Woe raids. Packs of EBAY all around. So many fun memories before megaservers (in PvE)

#6 RizeJodo

RizeJodo

• Moderators
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

I definitely miss it too. Hasn't been the same since merged WvW servers. Could have been ok if I had more time to invest.

Rize Huk (Guardian), Grim Thor (Ranger), Tias Gaut (Elemantalist), Nani Rize (Warrior),

Rize Morrow (Necromancer), Tiewaz Rize (Mesmer)

#1 Worst Guardian Silver League NA

#7 Tatiena

Tatiena

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 73 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EVIL]

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

I'm sadly not really playing GW2 anymore. Post-server merge I had a hard time staying in WvW and that was all that kept me playing. I'll still pop in once a month or so and flip a few camps for old times sake, but that's about it.

I started FF14 last month and have been having a good time there though; playing something that honors the holy trinity is interesting to me, coming from GW2 having been my first MMO.
Tatiena - Ehmry Bay's #3 Most Useless Ranger~
Sailor V - Defender of Truth, Justice, and the Right To Rain Brimstone Upon Enemy Heads~

#8 Omni Cide

Omni Cide

The Loner

• Moderators
  • 206 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Still playing most days, but usually just a few PvP matches.  Had a lot of good times over the years in WvW, but I've realized PvP is more my rhythm: lots of violence for 5-20 minutes and then a guaranteed break, then rinse and repeat as long as desired.

The quieter you become, the more you can hear.

Ram Dass

#9 Grav

Grav

• Established Members
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

I'm still checking the forums regularly, if that counts? :P

I had a bit of a flurry of activity over the Christmas holidays while I finished off my second legendary (Juggernaut) and finally started to get the hang of my warrior running around with it in EotM.

But now, not so much.  I'm not really playing anything else at the moment either.  Just a combination of "WvW just doesn't hold my interest like it used to pre-HoT" and "RL is currently holding my interest like it never has before".

For me to come back now, a bunch of impossible things would have to happen:

1. Win the lottery so I could cut back my hours at work.
2. Anet balances vanilla classes vs HoT classes.
3. Anet ditches Desert BL permanently.
4. Anet fixes server population balance.
5. People start using TS again.

#10 UltraEM

UltraEM

Chōdenji Machine

• Moderators
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

I haven't played in 2 months because the game was giving me unplayable ping whenever I logged in. It's fixed now so I should be coming back more often... but then I have my final undergrad paper to do.

I'm regularly checking the forums, though. I don't really WvW anymore, but PvE is still fun for me. Megaservers were the beginning of the end of WvW, tbh. Merging worlds for WvW just made me even less interested.

I recently bought Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and all the Endless Legend Expansions so I've been playing those a lot.

[EBAY] - [oG]

Posted ImageDiegovich Posted ImageElectromagnetic Pop Posted ImageScipio Sagittarius Posted ImageDeimos Ultrablade Posted ImageForest Knight Ultra
Posted ImageMina Mitsu Posted ImageLucia Della Rosa Posted ImageMara Blackroot Posted ImageScarlet Ultra Posted ImageTyphoon Ultra

#11 Biff Rangoon

Biff Rangoon

• Established Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:28 AM

View PostGrav, on 27 January 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

For me to come back now, a bunch of impossible things would have to happen:

1. Win the lottery so I could cut back my hours at work.
2. Anet balances vanilla classes vs HoT classes.
3. Anet ditches Desert BL permanently.
4. Anet fixes server population balance.

All your dreams can come true:
  • I received an email saying I won 300 million euros in some lottery, and I've told them you can have my winnings
  • I've never stopped running vanilla. Come with me young Padwan. The ways of the Force I will show you.
  • I haven't seen the Desert BL in over a year, so I'm pretty sure it's not around anymore.
  • Best way to take care of population imbalance is to thin the herd. Turn a 1vx into a 1v1 by killin' doods! (see #2)
  • ICEE channel regularly has friends and well wishers. Crosius jumped on the other day, we sometimes get Fair, and then there's the occasional ICEE scrub that somehow gets past security (I've not told them how I sneak in yet).
So I'm pretty sure this means you have to start playing again. We have a contract... it will be enforced by Gollum and Jake the Muss.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Posted Image Biff Rangoon and the Neglected Step-Children! Let's meet rest of the band, shall we?

Posted ImageMax Kablooie - Posted Image Bifficus Maximus - Posted ImageBiffles Ma Niffles - Posted Image Stabby Peet

#12 Avenger Of The Pass

Avenger Of The Pass

• Established Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationBorlis Pass
  • Guild Tag:[Pass]

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

View Postthetoothpick, on 25 January 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

At this point, I'm waiting for ArenaNet to do something that makes people care about WvW again.  Until then, I'm definitely not going to put as much effort into something few people are taking seriously.
This. Just this. It's been happening to every server, pretty much. Back when people cared to win, had team loyalties and spirit, it was great. I don't think it could have ended any other way, though: no matter what ArenaNet did or didn't do, something that goes on for so many years is bound to lose steam.

A lot of the friends I ran with are dead accounts by now and have been for years. The rest of us left are just trying to survive, and put whatever happy face we can into such a jaded and oppressively cynical environment.
The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

Administrator of Borlis.org

#13 Arei

Arei

• Established Members
  • 264 posts
  • LocationCA, US
  • Guild Tag:[KICK]

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

I've been doing a lot of this.

And playing on SBI. It reminds me a lot of how Ehmry was back in the day. I am so frustrated with how Anet starved out the "guest" servers... I see it with all of them... They've all died off slowly. So sad.  :( I miss my old Ehmry.
Posted Image

#14 Rill Soji

Rill Soji

The Tour Guide

• Administrators
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

I mostly lurk on the forums these days but I pop back in a couple times a year to see how things are going. ^_^
~Rill
"Its okay to disagree without being disagreeable."
www.RillsCorner.com

#15 Slein Jinn

Slein Jinn

• Established Members
  • 990 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Guild Tag:[Mind]

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

I still log on occasionally just to see what's going on, play with the economy a bit, etc., but I don't really see myself likely ever playing in any sort of competitive capacity again.  I'm still mostly playing SMITE these days.

[Mind] The Lunar Circle

Slein Jinn.2017 (NA) | Slein Jinn.8173 (EU)

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Zdobywca Posted Image Katarzyna "Kasia" Zdobywca Posted Image Joanna "Asia" Niewidoczne Posted Image Barbara "Basia" Rutyniarza

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Przyrody Posted Image Alicja "Ala" Czarodziejka Posted Image Zofia "Zosia" Czarodziejka Posted Image Magdalena "Magda" Saper

#16 Tooth Fairy

Tooth Fairy

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationSouth Cal.
  • Guild Tag:[PAAA]

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Since I'm kinda square w/ my new profession, I have come back to play a bit, if not raided w/ GH then just roaming alone here & there. I also joined my friend's raid guild for some PvE.

Yeah, I also miss the old eBay days, those days we went to bottom then going backup then bottom again. It's no longer the same these days.
Lost Specter Human Warrior, Violent Specter Norn Guardian.
Kool Specter Asura Mesmer, Hell Marie Sylvari Ranger.
First Specter Human Thief, Specter of Eternity Asura Necro.
Specter of Doom, Char Engineer, Shadowed Specter Revenant.

#17 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:31 AM

Oh man, I got sucked pretty far into Breath of the Wild.  Gonna have to start finding my way back to Guild Wars 2 soon...

(Commander) Fair Winds [EBAY]

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

#18 Avenger Of The Pass

Avenger Of The Pass

• Established Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationBorlis Pass
  • Guild Tag:[Pass]

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

The BP/AR/eBay matchup days were definitely the greatest time I've ever had in GW2. For those of you who missed it, the mood was so fanatically bloodthirsty that one guild I was in, We Hate Ehmry Bay [WHeb], had so many people asking to join that it would have overnight become the biggest guild in all BP history if its founder (despite my urgings, he didn't) had wanted to make it a mass membership guild.

A few BP old-timers, if you ask, probably remember this. I sort of miss having you guys as arch-enemies.
The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

Administrator of Borlis.org

#19 Khalamity

Khalamity

• Established Members
  • 656 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Woe]

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:59 AM

For Honor is the dream for anyone who loves the Dark Souls series combat (like me). Been playing it pretty exclusively since it came out.

#20 Inextirpable Adamas

Inextirpable Adamas

• Established Members
  • 826 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Guild Tag:[GH]

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

I'm off and on gw2 each week. Mostly due to Maksyn's stench.

View PostGrav, on 27 January 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

I try to hop into ebay ts when I'm on. I hang out with PUGs, Para and GH when doing so. I often hop in late nights to see if anyone is in the map channels. I think more people would join in if you were in it, Grav.
It also appears that a commander chat was setup again.

Most of the time I'm in wvw I just see and hear people complain about wvw as well, so that isn't exactly an alluring trend.

View PostSlein Jinn, on 10 February 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

I still log on occasionally just to see what's going on, play with the economy a bit, etc., but I don't really see myself likely ever playing in any sort of competitive capacity again.  I'm still mostly playing SMITE these days.

Janus FTW.

View PostKhalamity, on 18 April 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

For Honor is the dream for anyone who loves the Dark Souls series combat (like me). Been playing it pretty exclusively since it came out.

Once a sun bro, always a sun bro \o/
[GH]'s Official Melon Inspector. Son of Spellslinger Leah and Bob De Niro. Siiddhartha's personal rez bot. Ranked "Lord of MILFS" in [BBQ]. One of the five old leaders of [Imtl]. Tag team partner of RazGerb. First generation necro. Created Sorry I Dunno How To [Die]. Veridian's hero. Karaama's shoe supplier. Thuffir Hawaat's doppelganger. Apollo's mailer of junk. Esme's stalker. Kaaos's neighbor. [pk]'s old peacemaker. Drip Drip's kite buddy. Has broken WvW both literally and figuratively on multiple occasions. Knew Jamaz before he was a commander. Helped unite roamers on Tarnished Coast by helping form "I really hope this name will fi[Nooo]". Has only been on 3 servers but has been on every WvW tier. G's with the guy that made [TORK]. Stayed on Ehmry through the exodus. Over 7k hours played. Refuses to use metas. Received Leery's roses and lived.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users