Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

Seen Something Strange

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LoneCatamount

LoneCatamount

Casual Member

• Established Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationVermont...
  • Guild Tag:[EBAY]

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

Hey all,
So I'm putting this out there just out of curiosity. Few nights ago I was chilling out in my Hall of Monuments messing with armor skins ,dyes, and possible build combinations when I noticed something strange. It appeared for only a few seconds but one of those Ley Line anomalies appeared in the hall, moved around a bit then disappeared , it showed up again later in a different spot. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I might try to get a screen shot but I have no idea what pattern there is if any. Just something strange and wondering if anyone else might have seen it or know why its visiting my hall...
Later all.

#2 friendlywumpa.1627

friendlywumpa.1627

Casual Member

• Established Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:55 PM

That's super creepy
Wump

#3 Silvernis

Silvernis

• Established Members
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
  • Guild Tag:[EVIL]

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:43 AM

They've been popping up all over. Pretty sure they're related to living story/current events stuff. They seem to be appearing more and more frequently, too.

Posted Image Kezzä | Posted Image Iisra | Posted Image Vlíkka | Posted Image Meeku | Posted Image Meenä | Posted Image Nidiki | Posted Image Nevví | Posted Image Pokkí | Posted Image Ñixx

#4 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:42 PM

I caught one, in case people haven't seen them around:

Posted Image

(Commander) Fair Winds [EBAY]

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

#5 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:50 PM

One thing possibly worth noting is that they don't necessarily appear for everyone in the same instance.  I have a friend who's been seeing them a lot recently, and he points it out, but nobody else we were playing with saw anything.

(Commander) Fair Winds [EBAY]

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

#6 Silvernis

Silvernis

• Established Members
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
  • Guild Tag:[EVIL]

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:43 AM

View Postthetoothpick, on 26 September 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

One thing possibly worth noting is that they don't necessarily appear for everyone in the same instance.  I have a friend who's been seeing them a lot recently, and he points it out, but nobody else we were playing with saw anything.
Pretty sure they're client-side, so you basically get your own personal anomaly stalker thing.

Posted Image Kezzä | Posted Image Iisra | Posted Image Vlíkka | Posted Image Meeku | Posted Image Meenä | Posted Image Nidiki | Posted Image Nevví | Posted Image Pokkí | Posted Image Ñixx

#7 Fernshade

Fernshade

• Established Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ICEE]

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:50 AM

I have seen a couple now. I saw them in the new map. One was just chillin in the regular area, and one came to visit me when I was on top of a mountain trying to get someplace you normally can't. My personal belief is that they are Anet spies and they are reporting our every move to our overlords.
~Fernshade
(JUST | Guild Leader) (ICEE | Officer)

#8 Fernshade

Fernshade

• Established Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:15 PM

Quick update on this, I got right up close to one and it unlocked a "Current Events" achievement set. It doesn't look like there is a reward, but it gives 10 AP.
~Fernshade

#9 Biff Rangoon

Biff Rangoon

• Established Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostFernshade, on 30 September 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

I have seen a couple now. I saw them in the new map. One was just chillin in the regular area, and one came to visit me when I was on top of a mountain trying to get someplace you normally can't.

CONFIRMED: Fern needs a buddy who can keep an eye on him while he's tripping balls. I'm out of commission while my computer is in the shop... anyone else able to help a brother out?

Fernshade in the sky with diamonds.....

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Posted Image Biff Rangoon and the Neglected Step-Children! Let's meet rest of the band, shall we?

Posted ImageMax Kablooie - Posted Image Bifficus Maximus - Posted ImageBiffles Ma Niffles - Posted Image Stabby Peet

#10 Fernshade

Fernshade

• Established Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

Biff! Come back and be my spirit animal. As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, with naught but my conscience for a guide and only the inexolerable march of time for company, I realize the anomaly is not my friend, but my doom! Leading me further and further into the abyss! As the madness slowly takes hold of my mind I find it more and more difficult to determine what is real. I fear that even as you read this it will already be too late for me...

Although it could just be all the PvE I've been doing in the Mad King's Labyrinth talking.
~Fernshade

#11 Ehm C Hammer

Ehm C Hammer

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 177 posts
  • Locationat computer
  • Guild Tag:[CoT]

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:01 PM

Hmmm, sounds contagious. Biff, I would stay away from 'ol Fern until whatever he has works itself out.
Or as Al Bundy would say...maybe he can just 'walk it off"
Notdadroids Urlknfr, Ehm C Hammer, Akkeros, Greenland Turn, Ree Deen Rainbow, I Pitydafool, Ur Woodst Nightmare, Judgemebysize Doyu, Captain Miss Merica etc...  [CoT] [ZERG] [LoA] [FORS] [USC}] Urwoodstnightmare - FA server

#12 Biff Rangoon

Biff Rangoon

• Established Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:59 PM

Indeed... Fern's been pushing in the pve? Mystery solved! If I don't get back soon, he'll get addicted to loot and I'll never convince him to go back to Wvw!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Posted Image Biff Rangoon and the Neglected Step-Children! Let's meet rest of the band, shall we?

Posted ImageMax Kablooie - Posted Image Bifficus Maximus - Posted ImageBiffles Ma Niffles - Posted Image Stabby Peet

#13 Fernshade

Fernshade

• Established Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

Just make sure to not come back til after the Halloween event is over, mmmkay?
~Fernshade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users