Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

July 2016 patch notes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Grav

Grav

• Established Members
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Guild Tag:[EBAY]

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:12 AM

Linkage

Relevant to my interests:

Infusion subtypes have been removed.
Offensive, defensive, and agony infusions are now simply known as infusions, and any infusion can be slotted into any infusion slot.
Utility infusions have been renamed enrichments in order to make them distinct from the other infusions.
All ascended amulets now have a single enrichment slot

Thief: Venomous Aura has been merged into the baseline of the venom utility skills

Rune of the Pack: Increased the fourth rune bonus cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
Posted Image

War score is now also awarded when an objective is captured.
Castle: 6 points
Keeps: 4 points
Towers: 2 points
Camps: 1 point
Posted Image

Experience Boosters now include a 50% increase to WvW reward-track progress.

Virtue of Resolve: This skill now removes up to 2 conditions from the guardian baseline.
Posted Image

Mirror Blade: Increased the number of bounces produced by this attack from 3 to 4.
The Prestige: The number of burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 3 stacks for 3 seconds.
Illusionary Mage: The recharge of the mage’s attack has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds. Burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 2 stacks, with the duration reduced from 6 to 3. The missile velocity of the mage’s attack has been increased by 33%.
Mantra of Distraction: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 20 seconds to 12 seconds.
Power Lock: The recharge between uses has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
Posted Image

#2 Silvernis

Silvernis

• Established Members
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
  • Guild Tag:[EVIL]

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:55 AM

I for one am very happy with the infusion changes. The previous system always struck me as needlessly convoluted.

Posted Image Kezzä | Posted Image Iisra | Posted Image Vlíkka | Posted Image Meeku | Posted Image Meenä | Posted Image Nidiki | Posted Image Nevví | Posted Image Pokkí | Posted Image Ñixx

#3 UltraEM

UltraEM

Chōdenji Machine

• Moderators
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

I thought I'd be spending all my time in the new zone, but I only now found out about the Legacy Armor Reward Track and, after finishing the story and map complete, I spent all day in WvW/EotM farming the reward track. All for a fancy hat.

[EBAY] - [oG]

Posted ImageDiegovich Posted ImageElectromagnetic Pop Posted ImageScipio Sagittarius Posted ImageDeimos Ultrablade Posted ImageForest Knight Ultra
Posted ImageMina Mitsu Posted ImageLucia Della Rosa Posted ImageMara Blackroot Posted ImageScarlet Ultra Posted ImageTyphoon Ultra

#4 Slein Jinn

Slein Jinn

• Established Members
  • 990 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Guild Tag:[Mind]

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostSilvernis, on 27 July 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

I for one am very happy with the infusion changes. The previous system always struck me as needlessly convoluted.
I think it's a good change for amulets and back pieces.  I'm not so sure it's a good idea for rings, accessories, and especially for Armour.  I guess with the existence of the "Omni Infusions" it was always there, so that makes it a weird change overall.  But since the vast majority of players can't afford the massive gold sink of Omni Infusions, this is basically just pushing the top-end damage of all builds up by 40-45 Power at the expense of some defense, which means optimal builds will be further min/max'ed, and glass cannons will be even glassier.  Realistically, the optimal setup for almost every build will be Power infusions in every slot, making up the difference with an extra defensive item if needed, just because of the disproportionate value of the Power stat that I've discussed at length here before.  I guess Fractals players feeling pressured into spending the massive gold for Omni Infusions is probably what motivated this change, but honestly, I think just removing them might have been a better solution.  

In other news, removing Cleric's amulet from sPvP will make that meta suck even more than the S2 meta did.  I don't know if they're trying to turn sPvP into some kind of shooter or what, but they seem dead set on killing off any kind of support builds, which pretty much kills off interesting tactical play and makes me even less motivated to choose to load GW2 instead of SMITE when I sit down to relax for a while after a long day at work.

[Mind] The Lunar Circle

Slein Jinn.2017 (NA) | Slein Jinn.8173 (EU)

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Zdobywca Posted Image Katarzyna "Kasia" Zdobywca Posted Image Joanna "Asia" Niewidoczne Posted Image Barbara "Basia" Rutyniarza

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Przyrody Posted Image Alicja "Ala" Czarodziejka Posted Image Zofia "Zosia" Czarodziejka Posted Image Magdalena "Magda" Saper

#5 Leery

Leery

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 170 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:51 PM

A number of toys have been reenabled in WvW maps.
  • Bouquet of Roses
  • Riding Broom
  • Electromagnetic Ascender
  • Magic Carpet
  • Fancy Winter Crystal Scepter
Best possible update this games had in a long time.
Guild Leader - Grindhouse Gaming [GH]

#6 UltraEM

UltraEM

Chōdenji Machine

• Moderators
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

Well, I got my hat, and I am quite happy.
Posted Image

[EBAY] - [oG]

Posted ImageDiegovich Posted ImageElectromagnetic Pop Posted ImageScipio Sagittarius Posted ImageDeimos Ultrablade Posted ImageForest Knight Ultra
Posted ImageMina Mitsu Posted ImageLucia Della Rosa Posted ImageMara Blackroot Posted ImageScarlet Ultra Posted ImageTyphoon Ultra

#7 Crosius

Crosius

• Established Members
  • 881 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CoT]

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

View PostGrav, on 27 July 2016 - 03:12 AM, said:

Mirror Blade: Increased the number of bounces produced by this attack from 3 to 4.
The Prestige: The number of burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 3 stacks for 3 seconds.
Illusionary Mage: The recharge of the mage’s attack has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds. Burning stacks have been increased from 1 to 2 stacks, with the duration reduced from 6 to 3. The missile velocity of the mage’s attack has been increased by 33%.
Mantra of Distraction: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 20 seconds to 12 seconds.
Power Lock: The recharge between uses has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users