Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

PvP Legendary

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zeuy

Zeuy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ROME]

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

I made Legendary this morning! Just wanted to share because I am so excited and loopy from staying up all weekend. xD

#2 Sorrows

Sorrows

• Newsie
  • 627 posts
  • LocationDown South
  • Guild Tag:[RB]

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

Gratz!
Posted Image

#3 Zeuy

Zeuy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ROME]

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:16 AM

Thought I should share a few details of my struggle. About a 60% win rate on ranger/engineer until I hit diamond. Then I blasted through, winning almost every game with a friend until the last 10 pips. BOOM! Started swinging back and forth, then losing hard. Back down to needing 15 pips. Getting scared since this is the last Friday that I can queue. I take a little time off to think about what to do.

I read some guides on ele, thinking about playing her since I had some luck during season 1.1. So I pull out my ele and queue through the early Monday morning. Last day of queueing. Only 15-20 people in my range; I'm seeing the same people swap onto my team and the other team over and over. Strangely enough, they're getting in games together and I have to sit out in queue until they finish games (I friended a few of them and watched their location O.O). I'm learning how they play, I'm calling out what to do against them, and it is WORKING. I had a hard time with warriors until that morning; I was 2v1ing and 3v1ing warriors, just in the ZONE. Perfect dodges and teleports, clearing condis. Best night of my PvP life (until next season?).

I need exactly 8 wins. Somehow I get an 8-win streak. No one else of the 15-20 people made it to Legendary though. :(

So, anyone else have exciting PvP stories? Have a good (hopefully!) time with the season 1.3?

#4 Sorrows

Sorrows

• Newsie
  • 627 posts
  • LocationDown South
  • Guild Tag:[RB]

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:25 PM

I won my first 5 matches of season 1.3, and that's all I played. I really should have done more since I need 20 wins to finish the 3rd set of achievements.
Posted Image

#5 Slein Jinn

Slein Jinn

• Established Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Guild Tag:[Mind]

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostZeuy, on 14 July 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

So, anyone else have exciting PvP stories? Have a good (hopefully!) time with the season 1.3?
I've scarcely had a single high-quality PvP match since they fucked up the matchmaking after the first season.  I stomp about 75-80% of my matches so hard I could AFK halfway through and my team would coast to a win 4v5.  The rest of my matches I get stomped so hard there's no way anyone in the world could carry my team even with perfect play and lots of communication (maybe short of the game adopting something like Curse Voice).  On the exceedingly rare occasions (like literally two or three times in the past two seasons combined) where I've had matches with close scorelines, they got that way through a comedy of errors/"A Game of Throws" rather than both teams actually playing at a high level.  

I know people bitch about matchmaking in every PvP game ever, but I've never seen anything this bad.  I went basically an entire season without feeling like my play had any influence on the outcomes of matches.  I don't know if I'm just in an elo bracket where the game doesn't know what to do with me or what, but it pretty much forced me to quit playing GW2 seriously.  And until recently, it was never like this.  For years, even with people constantly bitching about matchmaking and ladder systems and so on, sure there were some shitty matches, but I always had mostly decent games--and at least as many really good ones as bad ones.  But they said they were changing the system ahead of the start of the second season, and it has been utter shit for me ever since.

[Mind] The Lunar Circle

Slein Jinn.2017 (NA) | Slein Jinn.8173 (EU)

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Zdobywca Posted Image Katarzyna "Kasia" Zdobywca Posted Image Joanna "Asia" Niewidoczne Posted Image Barbara "Basia" Rutyniarza

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Przyrody Posted Image Alicja "Ala" Czarodziejka Posted Image Zofia "Zosia" Czarodziejka Posted Image Magdalena "Magda" Saper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users