Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

GG Forums....gg

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Ehm C Hammer

Ehm C Hammer

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 177 posts
  • Locationat computer
  • Guild Tag:[CoT]

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:34 PM

So, how is everyone that is still left on good 'ol EBAY?
I think we may be averaging around 1 post per day now so I figured I would poke the bear to see if it is sleeping or ready to be converted into a rug for my fireplace.

This kinda reminds me of the quote from the Kevin Costner movie "Dances with Wolves" in which Timmons and Jon J. Dunbar (dumb bear) look at a skeleton in the prairie with an indian arrow in its thorax and Timmons says: "I bet someone back east is saying.....'now why don't he write?' "

Long story short: Where is everyone again?. Quit? waiting for overhaul? waiting for overhaul to fail so they can quit? log in, see no new posts, log out? server dead? most of server is occupied by those from other servers now? Is there nothing but closed raid forums alienating our readers like we do our pugs?

Anywho, let's not let this place die. Can we advertise? Do we have our server forum info available to new people in TS?
Notdadroids Urlknfr, Ehm C Hammer, Akkeros, Greenland Turn, Ree Deen Rainbow, I Pitydafool, Ur Woodst Nightmare, Judgemebysize Doyu, Captain Miss Merica etc...  [CoT] [ZERG] [LoA] [FORS] [USC}] Urwoodstnightmare - FA server

#2 Grav

Grav

• Established Members
  • 1,716 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Guild Tag:[EBAY]

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

I'd probably post more if I was still playing GW2, but I'm still busy with Sorting Grav's Life Out atm instead, so I just don't really have much to offer here anymore. vOv

#3 Slein Jinn

Slein Jinn

• Established Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Guild Tag:[Mind]

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

I still check these forums daily and participate in the few and far between discussions that pop up, but I've been favouring SMITE over GW2 lately.  I strongly dislike he meta shift they forced with the over-the-top amulet changes they made in sPvP, but more than that, they made some less-talked-about changes to matchmaking in sPvP that basically ruined the game for me.  I played enough to get into Diamond division this season, and in all that time, I literally never played a single game that I can honestly say was a "good match".  About 80% of the games I played were my team stomping so hard I could have gone AFK halfway through and still won (high-MMR ranked matches ending in <5 minutes is amusing once or twice... it gets old fast); about 15% of the games I played were my team getting stomped so hard that there is literally nothing I could do to influence them regardless of how well I played; and about 5% of the games I played were actually close in terms of score, but that was because they were reenactments from "A Game of Throws" rather than high-quality play.  And that's all solo-queue; no abusing premades.  

I can't develop as a player in such garbage matchmaking, and I haven't had much of interest to do on the maths/theorycraft side of things with how dead the forums have been (still no feedback to speak of on my HoT WvW meta thread), so I've just been focusing on the other game I enjoy, where I have been really able to progress tangibly.

I actually had a couple of projects in the pipeline for these forums--a guide for how to succeed in sPvP aimed at players with WvW backgrounds, and class-by-class foundational build theory guides with comprehensive info on ability interactions, trait synergies, etc.--but I ended up putting them on the back burner indefinitely due to the overwhelming lack of response to the WvW builds thread.

[Mind] The Lunar Circle

Slein Jinn.2017 (NA) | Slein Jinn.8173 (EU)

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Zdobywca Posted Image Katarzyna "Kasia" Zdobywca Posted Image Joanna "Asia" Niewidoczne Posted Image Barbara "Basia" Rutyniarza

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Przyrody Posted Image Alicja "Ala" Czarodziejka Posted Image Zofia "Zosia" Czarodziejka Posted Image Magdalena "Magda" Saper

#4 Ehm C Hammer

Ehm C Hammer

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 177 posts
  • Locationat computer

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

No worries Grav. You will soon be a platinum general in getting gravs life back on track. Maybe if they bring back alpine you and Bram could make a very fashionable appearance back in game :)
Slein, you made more build contributions here than anyone as far as I have known with consistent reasoning, hope it doesn't die out completely....but, maybe i will check out the other game you mentioned too :)
Notdadroids Urlknfr, Ehm C Hammer, Akkeros, Greenland Turn, Ree Deen Rainbow, I Pitydafool, Ur Woodst Nightmare, Judgemebysize Doyu, Captain Miss Merica etc...  [CoT] [ZERG] [LoA] [FORS] [USC}] Urwoodstnightmare - FA server

#5 Slein Jinn

Slein Jinn

• Established Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

Check it out HERE.  My name's the same over there.  SMITE:MoBA::GW2:MMO - not the massive game that LoL or WoW might be, but with the most dynamic combat in the genre.  And they've got a great F2P model, so it's easy to give it a try.  I'd be happy to walk anyone from this community through the basics if you want to pick it up.

[Mind] The Lunar Circle

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Zdobywca Posted Image Katarzyna "Kasia" Zdobywca Posted Image Joanna "Asia" Niewidoczne Posted Image Barbara "Basia" Rutyniarza

Posted Image Agnieszka "Aga" Przyrody Posted Image Alicja "Ala" Czarodziejka Posted Image Zofia "Zosia" Czarodziejka Posted Image Magdalena "Magda" Saper

#6 Sanji

Sanji

• Established Members
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationPirate Ship
  • Guild Tag:[EVIL]

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:09 PM

Is smite still in development phase since never heard of it? looks cool the pages I saw.
EVIL, CoT, WILD
ADHD Commander at times
Nascar Warrior when solo roaming but Ranger condi-stealth growing on me immensly:)

Posted Image Sanji Pirate Cook and Evil Whitebeard | Posted Image Zoro Pirate Devil | Posted Image Skyrim Dragonbolt
Posted Image Chopper Pirate Doc and Sanji In A Jar | Posted Image Natsu Dragon Roar | Posted Image Evil Diablo Sanji | Posted Image Smexy Sanji
Posted Image Nami Pirate Thief

#7 Slein Jinn

Slein Jinn

• Established Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:59 AM

It's been playable for three years; its full release was two years ago.

[Mind] The Lunar Circle

#8 UltraEM

UltraEM

Ghost Pirate

• Moderators
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationManila
  • Guild Tag:[oG]

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:24 PM

I barely play anymore. Aside from my piling-up uni requirements, something is wrong with my game. PvE works fine usually but PvP and WvW always lags too much for me. That said, there isn't much for me to post about. I still check in every day in case any moderation is needed. Wish I could be more active with posting, honestly.

Onyx Guard [oG]

Posted ImageDiegovich Posted ImageElectromagnetic Pop Posted ImageScipio Sagittarius Posted ImageDeimos Ultrablade Posted ImageForest Knight Ultra
Posted ImageMina Mitsu Posted ImageLucia Della Rosa Posted ImageMara Blackroot Posted ImageScarlet Ultra Posted ImageTyphoon Ultra

#9 Crosius

Crosius

• Established Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

I still regularly check, it's just that no one has been posting I guess.

Maybe we need the l337 matchup threads back so we can all talk about how much we hate Maguuma and junk

#10 Grav

Grav

• Established Members
  • 1,716 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

View PostCrosius, on 25 March 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

I still regularly check, it's just that no one has been posting I guess.

Maybe we need the l337 matchup threads back so we can all talk about how much we hate Maguuma and junk

Maguuma are pretty hateworthy, I'll give you that.  Same with SoS imo.  It's good that they've been facing each other a lot lately.  It's like whoever loses, I win. \o/

#11 Sorrows

Sorrows

• Newsie
  • 627 posts
  • LocationDown South
  • Guild Tag:[RB]

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

I'm still alive!
Posted Image

#12 Dawg

Dawg

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDawg house
  • Guild Tag:[RM]

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostSorrows, on 25 March 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

I'm still alive!
Nah we killed Sorrows. Idk who's using his account...
DankDawg.1783

Posted Image Not Dawg

#13 Yung Nut

Yung Nut

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Guild Tag:[CHAR]

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:13 PM

Delegate count: Trump 755 Ted (the zodiac killer) Cruz 465 Little Marco: 169 John Kasich 144 #MakeAmericaGreatAgain #Can'tStrumpTheTrump #WolfBlitzerGetBlownTheFuckOut #Trump2016 https://www.youtube....h?v=S9xTduAik-Y https://www.youtube....h?v=S9xTduAik-Y
#FREETHELOG2015 DINKLE WILL FOREVER LIVE IN GLORY #FREETHELOG2015

#14 Xheal

Xheal

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Guild Tag:[Zerg]

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:52 AM

/waves
Been checking the forums and game once in a while. Haven't uninstalled the game so guess waiting on something to bring me back. Have too many things I dislike about the game to want to play at the moment, don't like some of the new specs and how some old specs have been left in the dust, don't like conditions and it becoming the meta, don't like deserts and certainly don't like the new borderland, and overall don't like anets treatment of wvw and it's players (good to see friday reset is back at least).
Been playing heroes of the storm, the division, and warhammer return of reckoning private server in the meantime.

Sad to see how much wvw has died since the expansion.

Posted Image

#15 Silvernis

Silvernis

• Established Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:28 AM

I'm still here, working on a shiny new gun and waiting for WvW changes. I think WvW was one of the big things driving the server and this forum in particular, but ANet seems determined to kill the mode (the persistent issue of population imbalance, the desert BL  being poorly designed for what people want from a WvW map, the elite specs and the power creepy meta shift, the guild claiming/upgrading mechanics, etc.).

I also want new fractals. If fracs are supposed to replace dungeons as the go-to five-person content, then there needs to be more variety. Ramping up the gear check agony doesn't count.

Posted Image Kezzä | Posted Image Iisra | Posted Image Vlíkka | Posted Image Meeku | Posted Image Meenä | Posted Image Nidiki | Posted Image Nevví | Posted Image Pokkí | Posted Image Ñixx

#16 Grim Charizard

Grim Charizard

• Established Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostSilvernis, on 27 March 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

I'm still here, working on a shiny new gun and waiting for WvW changes. I think WvW was one of the big things driving the server and this forum in particular, but ANet seems determined to kill the mode (the persistent issue of population imbalance, the desert BL  being poorly designed for what people want from a WvW map, the elite specs and the power creepy meta shift, the guild claiming/upgrading mechanics, etc.).

I also want new fractals. If fracs are supposed to replace dungeons as the go-to five-person content, then there needs to be more variety. Ramping up the gear check agony doesn't count.

http://dulfy.net/201...ma-summary/#WvW

devs notes from march about upcoming changes.

#17 Sanji

Sanji

• Established Members
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationPirate Ship

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

One guy said legendary armor from WvW for anet to think about would bring more players I think as one measure...
that and personally I see at even 2-4 am week time Ebay players in eotm instead of WvW including myself no less.
EVIL, CoT, WILD
ADHD Commander at times
Nascar Warrior when solo roaming but Ranger condi-stealth growing on me immensly:)

Posted Image Sanji Pirate Cook and Evil Whitebeard | Posted Image Zoro Pirate Devil | Posted Image Skyrim Dragonbolt
Posted Image Chopper Pirate Doc and Sanji In A Jar | Posted Image Natsu Dragon Roar | Posted Image Evil Diablo Sanji | Posted Image Smexy Sanji
Posted Image Nami Pirate Thief

#18 Aduah

Aduah

The Laggard

• Moderators
  • 1,877 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KOoK]

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:57 PM

I've been pretty busy, between work & D&D & doing art, I haven't had a lot of times for gw. >.>

Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[KOoK] Knightly Order of Kryta (GLORY OR DEAD!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner & Purveyor of

Posted ImageHoly Hand Grenades of FRAANTIOCH Posted Image

--Specializing in fantastic deaths since 2012--

Posted Image Fraani | Posted Image D K Maalix | Posted Image Kuriix | Posted Image Lahrkk |Posted Image Amaanyxxi

Posted Image Aduah Hawen |Posted Image Muirgheal Síofra | Posted Image Magni Pardus | Posted Image Arsalan Xerxes

#19 Ehm C Hammer

Ehm C Hammer

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 177 posts
  • Locationat computer

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:08 PM

Alpine is coming back......soon :)

#20 thetoothpick

thetoothpick

• Administrators
  • 585 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:27 AM

View PostEhm C Hammer, on 30 March 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

Alpine is coming back......soon :)

soon

(Commander) Fair Winds [EBAY]

Posted Image Fair Winds | Posted Image Eryn Rye | Posted Image Fairly Slow | Posted Image Faír Weather | Posted Image Faír Enough | Posted Image Fair Point | Posted Image Fair Well

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users