Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

which major sigil to use on a hammer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thuley

Thuley

Founder

• Administrators
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I realize that this is a bit of a class/build specific question but I don't have a hammer using class so I'd really like some opinions on this.  It's fine to give me multiple suggestions for different classes and builds.  I imagine that at the end of the day there are really only so many viable sigils after all.

I would like this info to then demonstrate some item stats and item worth magic. ;)

#2 TheAngryLuddite

TheAngryLuddite

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 77 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

When I was playing sPVP a lot, primarily as a hammer warrior, I was using the major sigil of air (30% chance to cause a lightning strike on crit).

I think that may have been a poor approach now, however. I've been playing PvE with dual axes, one of them with the major sigil of air (the other with chance of lifesteal), and while the lightning strike triggers fairly often, it doesn't seem to do all that much more damage.

Seeing as the hammer is all about knockdown and aoe, perhaps the major sigil of fire (30% chance of aoe flame burst on crit) would be a better approach - or, probably, something different altogether.

#3 Kraytus

Kraytus

• Established Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

I don't know if it's a major sigil but I'm using +something% damage on knockdown on my warriors hammer.
Oleyn "Flower Petal" Silversong
Female/ Sylvari/ Elementalist/ LVL 80/ 89% World Completion/ Haven Community

#4 Brawls For Soup

Brawls For Soup

• Established Members
  • 386 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VII]

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

As a Warrior the only 30% chance Fire/Lightning sigil I ever found useful was to use the Fire aoe one on a Rifle. As rifle is the only weapon with little aoe at all, so it was just a bonus thing.

I dont use hammers, but I'd guess maybe the.... Oh Major? I was going to suggest the Quickness one... Umm.. on a Major? :X Uhh... Maybe the one that heals you on 20% chance. Or if you're nice, the heal party one.

Kill streak ones just dont get my appeal, especially in pvp.

As a warrior I'd narrow it down to +5% Crit Chance, +5% Dmg, Quickness, Life Steal, or on a Rifle the Flame AoE. In PvP I'd also suggest 'on weapon swap get +100% chance to crit on the next hit, or apply poison on next hit' (Most people dont expect a warrior to be able to poison, so it sorta surprises them. the crit rate is nice for axe, F1 all day! haha)

Asuran+Human Warrior | Level 80 | 100% World Completion
Level 400 Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Artificer, and Jeweler!
''The OG Asuran Warrior!''

#5 Thuley

Thuley

Founder

• Administrators
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

I had this brilliant idea that this rare hammer I had found would be worth a lot more if I were to just put a better sigil in there.  Level 80 rare hammer.  Turns out there was actually one for sale without an upgrade and it was only like 23s, so I salvaged it and sadly didn't even get an ecto out of it.  Ah well ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users