Welcome to Ehmry Bay Server Forum for Guild Wars 2

The Ehmry Bay server forum is a community for Guild Wars 2 players to discuss the game, plan events, coordinate WvW, and get to know each other better. The interaction on the forum will build social capital which will make for a more entertaining gaming experience.

Please be sure to not use your Guild Wars 2 account password when registering on this forum.

WvW Jumping puzzle Portal Service

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Selena of the Wolf

Selena of the Wolf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi everybody!

I want to offer a Portal service in the Eternal Battlegrounds Jumping puzzle. If you're looking to farm Badges of Honor for Invader Armor/ Weapons/ Legendaries, get free loot and siege weapons plans or simply to get the jumping puzzle achievement, it's the place to be! :P

How it's going to work:

I'll be there every weeknight from 8pm to 9pm eastern time (5pm-6pm server time) starting tonight. Look for Fennela Antson. I'll open a portal every 2 minutes or so ( 8:00, 8:02, 8:04, etc.) to give people time to get there and let my skills recharge.

Due to chat limitation, I probably won't be able to reply to everybody i.e. if I talk too much, the chat sees me as spam :s but know that you're welcome and I love you guys :D

Also tips are welcome :P

There are some exceptions to this:

1. If enemy players are camping the jumping puzzle and I can't get through.
2. Real life stuff happens.
I've created a Twitter account to let you guys know if I can't be there on a certain night: @Selenaofthewolf

The chest in the puzzle can be claimed once per day per character, so bring your alts! :D Also there is always 2 Orichalcum nodes in the puzzle, so if you are level 60+ bring a Orichalcum Mining pick and if you are under 60, bring a Black Lion Mining pick.

For those of you who don't know where it is, here's a quick guide:
Press B to access the WvW page. On the top, click on ''Go to World vs. World'' and chose Eternal Batllegrounds.
Here are the locations of the Mystic Portals in the different keeps ( our starting keep changes each week) Posted Image

You'll end up here Posted Image

I'll be waiting here Posted Image

Wait under me near the water for a portal.

Can't wait to see you guys! :D Have fun!

#2 Thuley

Thuley

Founder

• Administrators
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

View PostSelena of the Wolf, on 21 November 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

I want to offer a Portal service in the Eternal Battlegrounds Jumping puzzle.

I think that this is an excellent idea and a great "community service" project.

A couple of suggestions; Because this service may attract a bunch of people who have no interest in actually contributing to WvW I advise to not run the portal on opening nights (Fridays).  Those nights we as a server really need everyone who's in the map to contribute to winning more so than any other night.

Also, it's easy to get burned out on doing something like this.  Maybe start out with every other day or like TUE, THU, SAT and see how it goes.  That leaves you plenty of days to do your own thing while at the same time still providing a scheduled service for other players.

#3 Prestn

Prestn

Dedicated Member

• Established Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationVesper

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Awesome! I usually have to yell at my buddies for a Portal since we are in that puzzle almost nightly.  I hate that dark room! LOL
Prestn: Charr Engineer using The Predator
Prestn Jr: Human Warrior

#4 Drake Erif

Drake Erif

• Established Members
  • 617 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Guild Tag:[HC]

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I've gotten pretty good at doing that puzzle as I run it with my main and 2 alts (one of which being a mesmer) I save my mesmer for last and help people out who are stuck in the puzzle first then I'll offer portal rides in map chat. But this is really cool to have it a scheduled thing! If I'm around after you leave I'll try to keep it going for people who missed the 1hr window. Look for Synnata!

Posted Image
Do the Haven Shuffle!

#5 Thuley

Thuley

Founder

• Administrators
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Here's a suggestion for what pure PvE players could do with their siege blueprints: PvE players - please donate your siege blueprints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users